Philip Garbutt (FR-EN), managing director and co-founder, graduated from the Southampton University in Civil Engineering and from the ENPC in Paris. He is a member of the of the Institution or Structural Engineers. Starting his career in bridge design and special projects at Bouygues and Ove Arup, Philip settled as an independent structural Engineer in 1999 that was to become Design Box in 2009. Thinking out of the box has lead the way forward for Design Box.
Multicultural, multigenerationnal and multiskilled, our team means business when it comes to tackling unusual problems. To do so, we have what it takes: an original approach, experience, rigour and cutting-edge tools.
Pierre Mouchel (FR-EN), technical director and co-founder graduated from both the ESTP and ENPC. He acquired a solid experience at Léon Grosse before joining Philip in 2009 to start their business. Talented designer, mentor to his team, Pierre has a passion for old buildings and a special sense to analyze structures, whatever the kind.
Benoit Gaultier (FR-EN)
Jieyu Liu (CN-FR-EN)
Cynthia Ighodaro (NL-FR-EN)
Xavier Williams (FR)
- 1 Engineering Department Director, civil engineer (FR-EN) – University of Porthsmouth 1999, CHEC 2000 – 20 years of expérience
- 1 Structural engineer, project manager (CH-FR-EN) – INSA Toulouse 2009
- 1 Structural engineer, project manager (NL-FR-EN) – Hogeschool van Amsterdam 2019
- 1 Structural engineer (EN-FR) – Southampton University 2014
- 1 Structural engineer (AR-FR-EN) – Havre University and ENSA Rouen 2020
- 1 Work-study engineer (FR) – CESI 2023
- 1 Work-study engineer (FR) – Troyes University 2024
- 1 Graphic Department Director, draftsman/designer and BIM manager
- 1 Draftsman/designer (FR-ES-EN) – Architect DE, ENSAPL 2010
- 1 Draftsman/designer (FR-EN) – STAPS 2008, AFIP 2011
- 1 Draftswoman/designer (PT-FR-EN)
- 1 Executive assistant
- 1 Technical assistant
Our team is always open to welcoming new talent.
Feel free to send across your CV and cover letter, and check our current job offers→